How to Reduce the Bass Noise and Annoying Low Frequency Sounds Emanating From Your Neighbors
Usually, the biggest problem coming from your neighbors is not the volume of sound they make, but from the bass and other low frequency noises that emanate from their speakers. The thumping sounds they make are just seriously mind-boggling and annoying to the highest power. Of course, even if we feel like it, it’s illegal to kill of these annoying neighbors. What then can we do?
If you are stuck with nasty, inconsiderate, and annoying neighbors that refuse to lower their bass and stop their racket, you have to take matters into your own hands because this level of noise pollution has serious consequences for your hearing and mental health. You don’t want your eardrums to suffer from an annoyingly loud decibel of noise. You also don’t want to suffer mentally because you’re always agitated in your own home. We feel your pain because we know it is hard to sleep and relax when it is noisy.
If you are stuck in this situation, consider the following ways listed below to prevent deep base noise sounds and other low frequency sounds from reaching your apartment. Here are some materials that you may need for this project. We have tried out most of them, so you can rest assured that these offer premium sound deadening. Remember this: you may not be able to control your neighbor’s volume, but you can control your immediate surroundings and make them sound proof.
Materials You Need for Canceling Bass Noise
- Sound Monitor Isolation Pads that are five inches long to improve your neighbors bass and to prevent the sound from going to you.
- Installing resilient channelsto prevent loud structural noises and environmental noise will not reach your eardrums.
- Green glue comes in several different bundles, so you can used this affordable product to keep noise out of your house.
- Sound proofing installation materials must be installed to deaden the sound.
- Putting up mass loaded vinyl on the apart part will prevent any noise from coming into through your walls.
- Use sound deadening rubber mats to keep the sound from penetrating the floor boards.
- Consider having a Roberts Black Jack underlyament installed by professionals beneath your floor boards.
- Utilize a white noise maker to drown out those annoying sounds coming from your neighbor as it gives you the illusion that they have stopped their racket.
- Buy noise canceling headphones or sound deadening earmuffs, which you can put on to keep away those annoying bass and low frequency noises.
1. Talk to Your Neighbors
- SMPad 5 is made out of the highest quality acoustical foam (50kg/m^3 density).
- 7.5'' x 11'' x 1.6'' inch (W x D x H). Designed to hold up to 24 lb without changing the shape.
But in some cases, you will be next to people that don’t give a damn. They’ll raise their eyebrows at you and continue doing what they like to do. That’s life and some people are inconsiderate! However, if things escalate, especially if they do it at the crack of dawn with a clear intent of pissing you off, then by all means, please call the police to explain the situation. However, if you’re the type who doesn’t like messy situations, then consider doing your own sound proofing to ward off those annoying sounds.
2. Consider Building a Room Within a Room
3. Stop the Noise from Traveling by Insulating
4. Don’t Neglect your Floor
5. Utilize White Noise to Drown Out Some of the Bass Sounds
That being said, white noise machines will not completely get rid of all the auditory elements of bass noise. But in general the many white noise fans and machines for sale online like in Amazon will be sufficient enough to block those annoying bass sounds. It may not completely take the sound away, but at least you will be getting the much needed sleep that you are craving for.
There are many white noise machines in the market today that can actually make more than one sounds. You can choose from nature sounds like rain drops, whispering winds, or the ocean wave. You can also opt for a more ambient sounds like a swooshing sound and shhhhhhushing (shush) sound, and the like. With these choices, you can pick the one that you like best to give you that illusion that your neighbors have ceased making those annoying bass and low frequency noises.
6. Block of that Bass Sounds with Noise Canceling Headphones or Earmuffs
Both devices can actually assist you well. Typically, earmuffs are really designed to cancel out noise, so these are undoubtedly effective. Headphones and earbuds were designed to make music. The noise canceling part is just the added bonus. That being said, you may find it annoying to have to constantly put these on when you’re at home. Even in your sleep, you may find them popping out of your ear when you toss and turn. But still, these two are pretty good and cheap options, especially if you don’t want to spend so much on remodeling your place. If you’re renting, it doesn’t make sense to spend too much because you may eventually end up moving down the line.
As you can see, there are many ways to dampen the bass noises and low frequency sounds coming from your neighbors. The cheapest and most important is at the top of the list. After all, when you think about it, no one wants to be branded as the annoying inconsiderate neighbor. You might end up surprised when your neighbor exclaims that he or she isn’t even aware about the inconvenience they are causing you at how loud they are being. Before you buy anything or start any noise canceling projects, it is imperative to do the first step.
If you are unable to resolve the matter peacefully, then you may just have to push through with some of the projects mentioned herewith. Some of them can cost money and time, plus your effort if you choose to DIY, but these are worthy investments that may keep your mental sanity in check. It is, after all, vital to find a calm, peaceful, and serene environment to de-stress in after a long day at work. Stress is the number one killer, so if you don’t address this issue, you may just reach your breaking point.
If budget is an issue, buying a noise maker machine or opting to use noise canceling earmuff or headphone/ earbuds may also help alleviate the annoyance of your situation. These less permanent solutions can still offer you some relief without inflicting damage to your wallet. If things really do get out of hand, then you might consider moving to a different place. This can be easily done if you are just renting your apartment.
In this scenario of renting, asking your building management to talk to your neighbor is also another stop to make things a lot easier and quieter for you. Whatever option you decide, know that it is within your right to protect the peace and calm of your home. Exhausting all efforts to get your neighbors to take down their noisy bass and annoying frequency sounds may take time, but it will definitely be worth when there is already the sound of silence