Best White Noise Machines for Offices 2020 – Masking Sound At Work
Do you need to drown out the annoying conversations around your cube at work? Using background noise at work can not only block out your coworkers, but it can also help lower stress and focus more. To get the best results, you need to have the right white noise machine for an office. Here are a few tips and reviews to help you find the best machine for your needs.
White noise is basically a way to describe a range of sounds that are all made up of equal volume. It is used in different areas of science, but it is really only used by the average person as a large mix of sound frequencies that lets you block out noises you don’t want to hear. While it is often misunderstood or confused, white noise can be a great tool to use in several ways.
Since white noise is produced by audio frequencies over a human’s entire range of hearing, it is able to cover up sounds you find distracting or cause problems while you sleep or work. Things like streets noises, music, people talking, and other outdoor sounds are made in a range of limited audio frequencies. In comparison, white noise is created over a whole range of audio that your brain and ears can interpret.
Brown, pink, and white noise are often confused with each other since they all have frequencies that are the same. However, they differ in that they have different balances in between the sound volumes at either end of the spectrum.
With many uses, white noise is particularly important when focus and privacy are needed. Like when you have a client meeting and need to speak privately in a quiet room about confidential information or sensitive personal matters.
Benefits of White Noise
Considerations for White Noise Machine for the Office
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you search for a white noise machine:
Features to Look for in a White Noise Machine for the Office
Volume – Typically, you will find that every white noise machine has adjustable volume settings.
Size – Normally compact, a white noise machine generally doesn’t measure more than ten inches high and wide.
Sound options – Besides normal white noise, you will find other sound options on some white noise machines that include ambient and natural sounds.
Looping – If you want less distraction, look for a white noise machine that can mask the loop sound that is created by a continuous listening experience.
Timer – It is handy to have a white noise machine that you can program to stop working after a set amount of time.
Headphone accessibility – Built-in headphones are especially good in office environments and is perfect if you need private listening.
Power – Many white noise machines use batteries to operate and others use an AC outlet. Some of the more modern designs will use a USB cord to power them.
Best White Noise Machines for Work Reviews
1. SOUND OASIS S-550-05
- 6 professional quality authentic nature sounds: Ocean Surf, Stream, Rain, White Noise, Summer Night and Wind.
- Sleep better and relax easier by creating a healthy sound environment
Featuring six sounds to choose from, the Sound Oasis S-550-05 is a sound therapy system with a six-inch square front. With six buttons at the button, you can easily choose your preferred sound from wind, summer night, white noise, streams, or ocean sounds. Equipped with volume and timer controls, this is an easy machine to custom to your preferences.
This affordable sound machine also has a sound card that you can switch out with a new one. With this machine, you can play records with loops that you won’t even notice. This versatile device pretty much lets you use whatever sound you want.
On the right-hand side of the Sound Oasis are two wheels that include the volume and the timer settings. With the timer, you can choose 90, 60, or 30 minutes, or even continuous play. Using either AC charging or four AA batteries, this is a handy machine to use at the office by either hanging it on the wall or with headphones. home or to travel with. Plus, you can hang it on the wall
2. X-SENSE WHITE NOISE MACHINE
- 30 SOOTHING SOUNDS: Includes 6 types of white noise, 6 fan sounds, 10 nature sounds and 8 ambient sounds; different playback options to meet different needs for babies, kids and adults
- SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY: Non-looping, high-quality sound recordings; 30 volume levels so you can find the right level for effectively blocking out distracting noises
Compact and convenient, the X-Sense white noise machine is over three-inches wide and tall. You will find the controls on the top of the unit while the front is made up of the speaker. Small and inconspicuous, this machine is perfect for use in the office.
With an included timer, you can easily set your machine so that it turns off after four, two, or one hour. There are 30 levels to the volume giving you lots of options in case anyone at the office does not want to hear it. Equipped with a headphone jack, you can easily plugin so no one else can hear it.
This affordable device comes with 30 sounds, so you can easily find just the right sound for you. You can choose from white noise and fan sounds, plus ambient and nature sounds. It is also a good choice for those that don’t like listening to specific blends of frequencies, so you can simply change it.
With non-looping sounds, you can use this machine for up to ten continuous hours. Perfect for covering street noise or noise around the office, it works with either batteries or can be charged with a micro USB. It also comes with an adapter and matching cable.
3. MARPAC WHITE NOISE SOUND MACHINE
- THE ORIGINAL SOUND MACHINE: Beloved by generations since 1962, the Dohm Classic model features our fan-based natural white noise producing our signature sound – the soothing ambient sounds of rushing air, without the disturbance of actual moving air.
- CUSTOMIZED SOUND EXPERIENCE: With two-speed options for adjustable tone and volume, making it simple to create a personalized sound environment, excellently masking background noise and allowing for better sleep, office privacy, effective soothing for kids and babies, and calming for sound-sensitive dogs.
A little more expensive, the Marpac White Noise Machine is compact at only three-inches tall, but it comes with a six-inch-wide base. Using two asymmetrical fans that rotate, the Dohm noise is produced at two different speeds. The unit has a casing that is acoustic, and it can be set at either low or high.
The tone is adjustable by rotating the upper part of the casing. Easy to use, it is important to make sure you like the signature Dohm noise before you buy it. It also only runs on AC power and is available in tan, gray, black, or white.
If you have a small space to work with, the Marpac is a great choice. Since it is a mechanical machine, the setting will not change and the sound quality stays consistent.
4. LECTROFAN WHITE NOISE MACHINE
- Buy with confidence. LectroFan Classic is designed in the USA and backed by a 1,000 day satisfaction guarantee.
- Original Design provides ten fan sounds and ten ambient noise variations, including white noise, Pink noise and brown noise
Compact and perfect for your office, the LectroFan’s White Noise Machine is only two-inches tall and includes a four-inch base. This affordable unit comes with 20 sounds that include both fan and other sounds. This includes brown, pink, and white noise that all have frequencies that are the same, but they have different balances in between the sound volumes at either end of the spectrum.
On top of the unit is the speaker while you will find the control button on either side. It also comes with a volume button and a one-hour timer. You can charge it with either AC or a USB, so you can easily charge it with your computer. It is also digital so it won’t take up as much energy as a sound machine that uses mechanical fans.
5. HOMEDICS DEEP SLEEP II
- 12 Soothing Sounds: Choose from 12 digitally recorded relaxing Sounds; There are 4 White Noise Sounds: Soothe, Mask, Relax, and Calm; Choose from 4 Water relaxation Sounds: Ocean, Brook, Thunderstorm, and Rain. Or scroll through 4 Nature Sounds: Summer Night, Campfire, Wind Chimes, and Everglades
- Sleep Therapy PROGRAM: Homedics uses a patent pending Sleep Therapy program that helps Sleep through the entire night; They combine relaxation Sounds, to help you fall aSleep, and White Noise tones that help you stay aSleep; Get a Full night of the Best Sleep you’ve ever gotten with this Sleep Therapy Machine
Measuring eight-inches tall, the HoMedics Deep Sleep II is a little larger than other machines in our review. However, it is still small enough to use on your desk and even leave in your cube. Under the grill, you will find two speakers that let you adjust the treble and bass.
While the machine was initially created to help you sleep, this white noise machine can also allow you to focus in a work environment. With both brightness and timer settings, you can customize the unit to work in a professional setting. It also gives you a choice of 12 sounds including four white noise and eight nature sounds.
You will find a small digital display under the grill that lets you know what sound you are playing, the volume, how much time you have left on the timer, and the brightness of the screen. All the control buttons can be found under the screen. The timer can be set to 90, 60, and 30 minutes, and it also includes a handy remote control.
The winner of the best white noise machine roundup at work is the SOUND OASIS S-550-05. The Sound Oasis sound therapy system comes with six sounds choices and a 90-minute timer. This machine is easy to customize, so you won’t have any problems using the machine in the office.
You can also change out the sound card for a different one, and it even plays recordings for more versatility and personalization. You can either listen to it with headphones or hang it on the wall for everyone to enjoy. The definite winner of the best white noise machine roundup at work is the SOUND OASIS S-550-05.