Best Earmuffs for Sleeping
Is your sleep quality suffering from persistent noise and constant distraction? Poor sleep is one of the biggest predictors of low work performance, mood disorders, and chronic pain conditions faced later in life.
Before letting your sleep quality degrade, consider chipping in for high-quality, durable, and comfortable ear muffs that can block out most environmental distractions.
How to Select High Quality Ear Muffs
Before you buy any old pair of ear muffs, you should consider what type of product would provide you the best level of comfort during your night of sleep. The noise cancelling product should be comfortable, durable, and safe in addition to blocking out most external sources of noise.
For premium comfort, you should make sure to double-check that the headband length won’t be too tight or too loose. It may be helpful to measure the circumference of your head or opt for products that have a fully adjustable head band. Additionally, choose products made from soft satin, fleece, or cotton that won’t get scratchy even after several washes and hundreds of use.
In addition to comfort, you should select a product that is durable and remains just as effective as the day it was bought. Look for ear muffs that employ soundproof fabrics or engineered muffs that block noise with acoustic technology.
Whatever product you opt for, make sure that it is safe – you don’t want to end up in a situation where you don’t know what’s happening in your environment. It may not be helpful to have absolutely all noises blocked during the night; after all, you don’t want to completely miss your morning alarm.
Review of The Best Earmuffs for Sleeping
1. The Hibermate Sleep Mask
- ✅ BLACKOUT EYE MASK FOR SLEEPING (WITH EAR MUFFS): A great Gift for travellers! The Hibermate is the best sleep mask available for blacking out light. Includes removable Ear Muffs to help reduce sound as well! You will still hear the alarm clock or fire alarm.
- ✅ PERFECT FOR AIRPLANE, TRAIN OR CAR TRAVEL: With a free Bonus Carry Bag, you can easily take the Hibermate with you on your travels. Helps ensure a restful sleep – even on a noisy plane or train. We have thousands of satisfied customers!
The Hibermate sleep mask is a complete blackout eye mask that is perfect for keeping out all frustrating sources of light, making it ideal for home use, travel, or couples with different sleep patterns. Featuring removable earmuffs on the side, the Hibermate helps to reduce all sources of sound in addition to light.
Most users state that the Hibermate is ideal for travel in airplane, train, or car. The Hibermate comes with a free bonus carry bag, making it easy to stow away for whenever you’ll need it next. Moreover, the eye mask is fully machine washable, made from soft fabric, and stays cool even in the summer.
If you’re not satisfied, there is a 100 percent satisfaction or money back guarantee. Users should keep in mind that the mask works best either for sitting upright or with a soft dove pillow. According to users, the ear muffs are somewhat bulky, which could make them uncomfortable when laying on your side.
The ear muffs are made from flexible, medical grade silicone that are thick, comfortable, and more effective at blocking sound than ever before. Additionally, the new Generation 6 Hibermate models features 2 soft adjacent bands that make it simple to adjust the mask for any fit.
2. The Wrap-a-Nap Travel Pillow
- SLEEP ANYWHERE: Wrap-a-Nap’s unique, patented design blocks all light, muffles light noises and turns any surface into a pillow.
- COMPLETELY CONVERTIBLE: extended Velcro fasteners make it a cozy neck pillow or a plush reading pillow. Even works as a comfortable lumbar support.
The Wrap-a-Nap Travel pillow allows you to sleep anywhere and anytime with zero light or noise distractions. Featuring a patented wrap around design to muffles noise and blocks all light, the wrap-a-nap is comfortable to sleep with on all sides or any position.
It isn’t just a sleeping mask, either. The Wrap-a-nap is completely convertible, can be extended with velcro fasteners, and can be used as a neck or plush reading pillow. It’s even the perfect size to work as extra lumbar support on firm mattresses.
The Wrap-a-Nap is ideal for travel too, since the portable mask can be made into a compact 5 inch by 5 inch roll that attaches to luggage, totes, or packs.
The eye mask provides 360 degrees of head-cradling comfort that hugs essentially any head size, making it appropriate for use by both adults and children. Additionally, the noise muffling technology can be paired with earplugs or noise cancelling headphones for extra sound-blocking capabilities.
The soft, minky fleece with real pillow stuffing is totally machine washable, durable, and effective even after several years of frequent use. Weighing just over 8 ounces, the Wrap-a-Nap is surprisingly lightweight for how effective at blocking sound it is.
Most users recommend pairing the Wrap-a-Nap with earphones or ear plugs for very noisy or distracting environments. According to users, the eye mask is very effective at blocking light yet might not cut out all noise disturbances.
3. Pro For Sho 34dB Ear Protection
- 34dB – Highest Hearing Protection Ratio Earmuffs Help Silence Your World “ In A Snap ”
- SOLID, LIGHTWEIGHT – Specifically resigned to address the limitations of conventional ear muffs
Trying to catch some shut eye on the gun range? The Pro For Sho provides maximal sound blocking capabilities for just about every situation, making it perfect for sleeping in absolutely any environment. The Pro For Sho offers over 34 decibels of hearing protection, making this pair one of the most highly rated earmuffs in the world.
The Pro For Sho earmuffs are solid and incredibly lightweight for their degree of hearing protection, making them perfect for carrying in bags without extra bulk. Weighing 7.2 ounces at 4.8 inches by 4.1 inches by 4.7 inches, it’s surprising just how effective these earmuffs can be.
Additionally, the earmuffs are versatile enough to fit young children, teens, and large adults without discomfort. If you’re not satisfied, the earmuffs even come with a ninety day warranty with a no risk money back guarantee. Some models even come with a lifetime warranty.
Though most users opt for the Pro for Sho earmuffs while performing construction or hunting, many use it to achieve distraction-free sleep. Doctors even recommend the brand for patients with sensory sensitivity disorders since they work so well to block out noise.
The only drawback is that these earmuffs run on the bulky side, which makes them difficult to sleep with if you prefer to lay on your side.
4. Sleep Master Sleep Mask
- Fully adjustable, light-weight and breathable cool satin sleep mask
- Durable, soft, flexible and wide to surround your head comfortably, connects easily in the back with velcro strips
Lightweight, silky, and breathable cool satin provides a comforting sleep companion for any environment. Featuring a synthetic outer shell and cotton interior, the Sleep Master is a soft and durable product that wraps around your ears and head. Unlike other sleep masks, the Sleep Master is fully adjustable enough to reduce the risk of it coming off accidentally during the night.
The material comes at a diminutive 26.5 by 4.5 by 0.4 inches while only weighing 1.6 ounces. It works perfectly for muffling light buzzing, white noise, and quiet conversations; however, it will not have any capacity to block very loud disturbances.
Nevertheless, the gentle sound reduction and complete light elimination works perfectly for most users. By providing a slight distance from ambient noise and light, many users are able to achieve comfortable, consistently high quality sleep with the Sleep Master.
Many users who have to use high-noise CPAP machines prefer the Sleep Master since the size is unobtrusive enough to not interfere with the functionality of the machine, while still providing some capacity for noise blocking.
5. CozyPhones Sleep Headphones with Travel Bag
- ENJOY COMPLETE RELAXATION – Ultra thin 1/8″ cushioned, removable speakers with a durable 52 inch cable. Lightweight, comfortable and washable extra wide sleep headband doubles as a sleep mask when pulled down over the eyes. CozyPhones ™ sleep earphones are a the perfect aid for insomnia or to calm your racing mind while listening to your favorite music, podcast or ebook.
- THE PERFECT GIFT FOR VALENTINES – Great gifts for valentine’s day, holiday, fathers, mothers, women, men, moms, dads, teens, kids, and just about anyone! No earbuds sticking in the ear, or bulky headphones that don’t really fit. Can also be pulled down over the eyes as a sleep mask for a worry-free nap. Also great for sensory issues and special needs! A unique and fun gift for friends and family. Surprise them these super comfortable, breathable, lightweight headphones.
Original, patent pending CozyPhones features ultra thin, cushioned, and removable speakers with a durable double-corded 52 inch cable. Lightweight and extremely comfortable, the headband contours to fit the shape of your head and ears. Featuring a cool mesh lining, the speakers are guaranteed to stay in place all night – even if you toss and turn.
Many users love the CozyPhones product since it’s the perfect sleep aid for those with insomnia to listen to their favorite music, podcast, or ebook while they fall asleep. It’s the perfect gift for those troubled by racing thoughts right when they try and fall asleep at night.
Under normal use, the durable cord will not twist or break. The 3.5 mm stereo plug can be used on most Apple, iPad, Android, Galaxy, or Mp3 products with difficulty or any required adapter.
If you’re a side sleeper, the CozyPhones make it possible for you to listen to any audio without waking up with inner ear pain an hour or two later. Comfortable, affordable, and durable, the CozyPhones are perfect for travel and blocking out external noises.
Many users with sleep problems opt to play pre-recorded white noise in order to help them drift off and block out distracting environmental noises. The fleece headband is useful for more than just sleep, too: many users exercise, run, or walk around with the band on.
Additionally, CozyPhones utilizes volume limiting technology in order to ensure the safety of your hearing. The built in volume control circuitry keeps all noises within 90 decibels, which is the recommended safe level to protect your eardrums and inner ear.