Best Anti-Vibration Pads and Mats for Washing Machines
Is your washing machine keeping the whole house up at night with near-disastrous vibration? Thankfully for you, there’s no need to keep yelling at your kid for washing their basketball jerseys at midnight. Now, many consumers have opted for anti-vibration foot pads or mats that are meant to keep your washing machine as secure and noise-free as possible.
How to Choose the Best Anti-Vibration Pad for Your Washing Machine
Anti-vibration pads are a convenient way for you to keep any electronic appliance quiet enough to be used at any time of day. There are a huge variety of effective, cost-efficient, and durable anti-vibration products provided both online and in store.
Depending on what you want to achieve, some mats will work better or worse for reducing noise. Before you buy any anti-vibration product, make sure to consider the type of washer that you have, what type of vibration you’d like to target, and your flooring type.
For apartments with slick linoleum flooring, many customers opt for anti-movement foot pads that can be slipped under each corner of the machine.
No matter if you have a front or top loading washer, most foot pads work universally with any make or model. Foot pads can be helpful to prevent machine skidding, mechanical vibration, and floor damage through creating clearance between the floor and the machine.
However, foot pads aren’t the only solution out there. Some products work better at actually absorbing vibrations; typically, foot pads are used for machines that placed on uneven flooring which causes the machine to “skid” forward. Additionally, the space created under the washer may invite sources of mold or dust to collect over time.
By contrast, anti-vibration mats slide under the whole unit in order to stop vibration transference at its source. Additionally, mats are one of the most effective types of products that protect sensitive flooring. Mats are typically crafted from no-slip premium rubber, which is weather, mold, and fluid resistant.
However, it may be harder to effectively install mats under washers since the whole unit may need to be lifted over the mat. Mats are meant to be a longer term solution on flooring that is already even.
Review of the Best Anti-Vibration Pads and Mats for Washing Machines
1. XCEL Value Pack Closed Cell Foam Anti-Vibration Mat
- PRODUCT FEATURES – XCEL’s rubber pads are easy to cut into different shapes and sizes for any application – just use scissors or a razor to trim to a perfect fit. Comes as an 8 Pack of 6 in. x 6 in. square pieces, 1/4 in. thick
- RUBBER PADDING – Rubber pads are a versatile product that can be used for any number of projects or items. From keeping your floor safe from scratching, to protecting your electronics, Thick and solid pads suitable for washing machine, dryer, treadmill or any other appliances, which have good shock absorbing abilities and can reduce noise well.. Our pads are made from industrial grade rubber, that is sure to withstand the test of time and take on heavy weight capacities.
The XCEL rubber pads come in a variety of convenient sizes for any custom work. Running as small as 3 by 3 inches up to 12 by 12 inches, the rubber pads are super east to cut into custom sizes and shapes for the best fit around your washing machine.
By placing the rubber pads around your washing machine, you can keep your floor safe from scratching and damage caused by the mechanical vibration of the wash. These pads can even be used under electronics, sharp components, and furniture to absorb the shock of daily vibration and movement.
All XCEL products are made from some of the highest quality rubber materials, guaranteed to be industrial grade to dampen any movement from household electronics. The rubber remains malleable and resistant to wear and tear, even after several years of use.
No matter the need, you can get XCEL mats in the size needed with custom thickness. For washing machines, it’s recommended to get rubber sized anywhere from a quarter inch to 3/8 inch. The thicker rubber helps to absorb vibration without transferring the movement to the floor or other adjacent surfaces.
Additionally, the rubber surface works to adhere very well to the surface it’s attached to. You won’t have to worry about the rubber slowly shifting or sliding over the course of a wash.
2. Washer Anti-Vibration and Anti-Walk Pads
- NOISE/MOVEMENT CANCELLING – Unlike cheaply made brands, our proprietary rubber is designed to ensure that your washer machine is so quiet that you’ll forget it’s there! As the original designer of anti-vibration pads, Vibrafix offers the quality your home deserves.
- PREMIUM GRIP – Our micro-grip technology allows for your washer to thrive on any type of floor material, guaranteed to never scuff or scratch. Prevents skidding, walking, and wobbling.
Made from premium padding, the anti-vibration “VIBRAFIX” pads are made specifically to stop the frustrating movements and sounds by mechanical movement inside your washing machine. The pads are specifically made for a high coefficient of friction in order to prevent machine skidding or walking.
Additionally, the hard rubber works to keep the machine stable during the wash cycle. The user simply needs to place each Vibrafix pad under the legs of the washing machine, which will work to stop all the transference of the vibration to the floor.
They’re the perfect size to stop any external machine movement without compromising performance. Moreover, the built-in indentation on the top of the pads is universal in size and will work with virtually every washer.
Users should keep in mind that the Vibrafix pads are a hybrid product, in that they target both vibration and machine walking or skidding. In order to target purely vibration and machine noise, it’s recommended to purchase the company’s Super Anchor Liner Discs that are more specifically meant for noise reduction.
After installation, customers should make sure that the machine is perfectly level before attempting to run the machine. Over time, uneven footing could cause damage to the efficacy of the washer when using the Vibrafix foot pads.
3. Anti-Walk Silent Feet
- LIMITS HOME APPLIANCE MOVEMENT: If your dryer or washing machine wobbles at all, you know the kind of noise it can make in your house. With these handy pads, you can keep those heavy electric appliances right where they should be and limit the noise level in your home. Add this new laundry room accessory to your home today!
- FITS MOST MODELS: We wanted this pad to be universal in its ability to help support your washer or dryer. That’s why these pads are designed to fit all the various styles and models of top- and front-loading washing machines. This is an accessory that is going to pay for itself in silent dividends for years to come!
The Anti-Walk Silent Feet brand is one of the most well known brands in the business of electronics vibration dampening and noise reduction. Over the past seven years, the Silent Feet pads have become on the most famous anti-vibration solutions in the United States. In addition to dampening noise and vibration, the Silent Feet serve to reduce machine wobbling, walking, and skidding during the wash cycle.
With the Silent Feet, home appliances stay put. The Silent Feet fit most appliances and are universal to all washers and dryers, including top and front loading washing machines. Investing in Silent Feet will help to protect sensitive flooring and carpet.
Made of Sorbothane polymer, the Silent Feet are constituted by composite materials that are built to last several years of heavy, clunky wash cycles. According to third-party unaffiliated testing, the Silent Feet reduce up to 94.7 percent of vibration due to high-density construction of the pads.
The Silent Feet raise your washing machine by a mere 5/8 inch, making them completely unobtrusive and not noticeable unless you are looking under your washing machine. Additionally, the low clearance serves to prevent dust and debris from collecting under the washing machine.
4. Intuitive Designs Anti-Vibration Anti-Walk Pads
Made from high duty, thick rubber, the Intuitive Design anti-vibration pads easily handle any weight, make, or model of washing machine. The pads serve to eliminate all vibration and machine walking – in fact, the pads have been tested on high performance machines for several consecutive wash cycles, showing no signs of vibration or movement in industrial settings.
The rubber foot pads have a high-grip bottom that clings to any type of flooring, further ensuring that the washing machine stays put. The wide top recess fits most major models of washing and drying machines, whether they’d front loading, top loading, or have their own legs.
Additionally, the Intuitive Designs pads are built specifically to reduce any damage to your flooring and home construction. The user simply needs to tilt their machine front and back, sliding the foot pads under the four corners.
At 3 inches wide and 1.25 inches high, the vibration pads lift your machine by a mere 1 inch. The 1.75 inch wide cavity on the top serves to automatically level any model of washing machine.
5. Casa Pura Anti-Vibration Pad
- STRONG RUBBER: This anti-vibration pad is made with 100% recycled rubber particles, compressed for maximum sound dampening
- MINIMIZE VIBRATION: Most washing machines are prone to vibrate and cause excessive noise during the spin cycle and potentially damaging the floor. casa pura rubber mats absorb vibration, reduce noise and prevent movement
The Casa Pura anti-vibration mat is meant to be used under a variety of vibrating or moving electronics in your home or office. The standard 24 by 24 inch size will fit under most majors makes and models of washing machines, allowing for your machine to remain flush against the floor with no clearance.
At 1/4 inch thick, the pad works to resolve most sources of mechanical disturbance and vibration without allowing any movement to transfer to the floor. Made from strong rubber, the pad is crafted from 100 percent recycled particles that are highly compressed to maximize the sound dampening feature.
The Casa Pura mat is the ideal product to prevent both vibration and damage to sensitive flooring or other fixtures. In fact, the mat can event be used as gym flooring or an anti-fatigue mat in the workplace for standing desks.
You don’t have to worry that the rubber will degrade over time, either. The mat is fluid, oil, and weather resistant. In fact, it has a thermal range of between -22 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit without faltering at all. That means that this mat is safe to use under heat-producing appliances like washers.
The one drawback of the floor mat is that it may require two people in order to securely place it under your washing machine. It’s not simple to tilt the machine back and slide it over the mat, due to the high-grip coating on the rubber. Rather, your machine will need to be fully lifted and placed atop the mat.